Friday, May 2, 2014





If we are to find a cure for aids or cancer is found it would be in the tropical rainforest.

Without the rainforest we would not be able to cure some of the diseases that exist today and will not be able to cure future ones. Some prescription drugs are derived from the rainforest and without the rainforest we cannot produce these prescriptions. 

Not only are we killing the plants and homes of many animals, but we are overlooking the millions of people that live in the rainforest. There was an estimated 10 million Indians living in these rainforests and now there is an estimated 200,000.  Many native tribes have been exterminated already because their governments failed to protect them from logging companies, the mining companies and the slash and burn farmers.

I found this video to be very powerful. It opens your eyes to how vital the rainforest is. I urge you to watch the video if you get a chance. 


The semester comes to an end and I am glad I had a chance to experiment with blogging. I found that I was not a natural at it and it took some time getting use to it, but I was happy to cover this topic and give some exposure. I was also saddened by how much destruction is done daily to the rainforest and hope this blog has brought some awareness to the community. 



No comments:

Post a Comment